Emily tagged me! And she's wonderful and brilliant! And although I feel she knows just about everything about me, I will (finally) give in a write 10 honest and random things about myself. (10 should be a lot easier than that facebook one that's going around with 25, right?)
1) I want to see a whale so badly! A really, really big one. One day I will.
2) I would rather live in an African village where they eat grasshoppers, literally, than live anywhere colder than Athens, GA! 17* is pushing it a little bit for GA.
3) I love Jesus so much, but I wish I read my Bible more.
4) My wonderful husband and I have 2 boys who are incredible! Our 3rd child (girl) will be adopted, God willing! Can't wait for that day, but right now we don't have room in our 900sf apartment!
5) I have recently discovered my love of the intricacies of the human body and the way God created us so perfectly. It truly is amazing what goes on inside of us!
6) I want to be a nurse-midwife so I can deliver Sarah Ward's second child. I missed the first one by about 3 years!
7) I despise the sound of ice. I don't like touching it or hearing it touch other ice. It gives me chill bumps just thinking about it. I really don't like to be cold.
8) I have had a 19th century deadly disease and survived!
9) I'm beginning to think that television is the devil. I watch it anyway, but it really just sucks life right out of you. We have cable for the first time since we've been married. It's free with our apartment. Otherwise I would probably cancel it.
10) If I could pick one place in the world to go right now it would be....ummm....Haiti, Columbia (as long as Witt is there),India, Savannah, Picayune, Oxford, Hawaii, Israel...
I tag: Heidi Hicks and Anna P.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I realize it's been quite a while since I updated. I thought I would pull a few random pictures from the last month and a half. We had a great Christmas, New Year's Day, and every day otherwise has been pretty good, too!
Sweet, sweet Bella Grace
Iron man and his toy.
Random hill in New Orleans
Isaac, Ella, and Anna Gail on the street car in NO
City Park, New Orleans
The house that Uncle John gave